Changing subdomain in Connections,CCM and Docs

I’ve just completed a process where a customer needed to change their subdomain due to an organisational name change. This site has a pretty large install.  CCM, Docs and also leveraged Windows Desktop SSO via SPNEGO.

The change was connections.OLD.sub.dom.au to connections.NEW.sub.dom.au

There is some documentation out there on how to change host names, but I wanted to compile a list for this specific task. So here you go.

Pre-tasks

SSL CSR created, new key created and imported into new KDB. Make available on IBM HTTP Server.

DNS change implemented, and points to existing IBM HTTP Server. Keep old record in place as well. Also ensure that the new record is resolvable on all Connections hosts.

Change the SSL Certificate over in IHS. (Change the following)

Keyfile D:\IBM\HTTPServer\NEWkey.kdb
SSLStashFile D:\IBM\HTTPServer\NEWkey.sth

CellDefaultTrustStore as it shared a common root with the previous Certificate.

Connections changes

Change the LotusConnectection-config.xml file. Check out with wsadmin, change the references to OLD and replace with NEW. Check-in. Process here

While in wsadmin, change the Notifications file to reflect new mail domain. Change the Administration user that notifications come from. Check-in. Process here

Change and update Blogs

To update the URL’s inside blogs, there is an AdminTask. while still in wsadmin, execute the following.

execfile(blogsAdmin.py)
BlogsAdminService.fixBrokenUrls(https://connections.old.sub.dom.au, https://connections.new.sub.dom.au)

 

Change LTPA to reflect new Domain.

In the ISC, select Global Security > Single sign-on

Update the Domain name field to reflect the new sub domain. i.e from .old.sub.com.au to .new.sub.dom.au

editor_image_cb34e16e-94cb-42a1-8921-1333db1dd095

Re-sync all nodes, stop and restart the entire environment (DMGR and NODES).

Docs Changes

Docs is pretty straight forward.

The property files for Docs all need to be changed. They are found in: <WAS_HOME>/profiles/<DMGR>/config/cells/{cellname}/IBMDocs-config/

Change all instances of OLD url to NEW in the concord-config.json file, and the viewer-config.json file. Just to be safe, verify no instances of OLD url exist in the other .json files in the directory. If there are, change them.

Re-sync all nodes, stop and restart the entire environment (DMGR and NODES).

CCM Changes

For CCM, we only had to update the Activity stream widget. Follow this process

 

Update Scheduled tasks

Jump back into wsadmin, and run the following. Following is from the knowledge centre.

Scheduler.listAllTasks() 
Scheduler.clearAllTasks()

Note: If Scheduler.clearAllTasks() does not clear tasks successfully, run clearScheduler.sql manually for each of the applications. 
For example:

db2 -v -td@ -f activities\db2\clearScheduler.sql
db2 -v -td@ -f homepage\db2\clearScheduler.sql 
The SQL scripts are in the following locations:

AIX or Linux: connections_root/connections.sql directory.

 

Update Search

I planned on updating search, but I didn’t get any errors after the change while using the search. Just to be safe,  I kicked off a new once off index task after the changes were completed.

Process.

SPNEGO SSO

 

…..and finally, a bit of a catch all

IBM HTTP Server rewrite – redirect OLD url to NEW

Add the following to handle any URLS that still come in using the old name. Replace your new server names below.

#Added to support redirect from OLD to NEW
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName connections.OLD.sub.dom.au
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/$    /homepage     [PT] 
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://connections.NEW.sub.dom.au/$1 [R,L]
  
</VirtualHost>
RewriteEngine off

<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerName connections.OLD.sub.dom.au
    SSLEnable
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^/$    https://connections.NEW.sub.dom.au/homepage [PT]      RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://connections.NEW.sub.dom.au/$1 [R,L]    
</VirtualHost>
RewriteEngine off
SSLDisable

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName connections.NEW.sub.dom.au
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/$     /homepage     [PT]
</VirtualHost>
RewriteEngine Off

<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerName connections.NEW.sub.dom.au
    SSLEnable
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/$     /homepage     [PT]
</VirtualHost>
RewriteEngine Off

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s